The number one priority at Westgate Resorts is the health and safety of our owners, guests and Team Members. We are closely monitoring ongoing developments regarding COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and taking all necessary precautions to ensure a safe and quality guest experience.
We have implemented enhanced personal hygiene and cleaning protocols at all resorts, including daily deep cleaning of all public areas, and increasing the number of hand-sanitizers. We are following all Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) and local health authority directives and believe the risk of spread of a virus at our resorts remains low. We will continue to monitor these health directives and take any additional actions necessary.
Even before the Coronavirus reached any of the destinations where we operate, Westgate Resorts started to implement a detailed action plan:
1. Ongoing communication: We continue to stress health and safety protocols with all Westgate team members while reinforcing personal hygiene and public area cleaning procedures in both guest areas and back-house departments. All departments have implemented hand washing and sanitizing procedures.
2. Clean, clean, clean: All public and guest areas at our resorts receive regular and extensive sanitization and deep cleaning protocols with Peroxide Multi-Surface Cleaners and Disinfectants. Our cleaning staff also uses Disinfectant Wipes/Clorox Bleach Germicidal Wipes and Purell Surface Sanitizer for ongoing cleaning of all guest and Team Member touch points.
3. More sanitizing stations: Additional hand sanitization stations have been established throughout our resorts and corporate facilities.
4. Caution first: All Westgate Team Members who exhibit any “flu-like” symptoms have been prohibited from reporting to work until after they seek medical treatment and receive a “return to work authorization” from their physician.
5. Travel protocols: All Team Members have been instructed to not travel to any destination that is experiencing outbreaks of the virus, and if they do, they will be subject to a 14-day self-quarantine.
6. Housekeeping and Maintenance Services Update: We have implemented extraordinary measures to clean and sanitize your units prior to your arrival and upon your departure. To maintain the health and safety of our Guests and Team Members, we have suspended all in-room housekeeping services during your stay. We will still provide towels, linens or supply deliveries to your unit upon request.
We are here to serve your needs. However, we are also limiting our non-essential maintenance services during your stay.
We are taking every precaution possible and updating and implementing our procedures in real time as new information becomes available.
If at any point you or a member of your party develops flu-like symptoms, please have everyone in your party return to their unit and notify us immediately so we can help assess the situation and coordinate medical treatment.
Our number one priority is the health and safety of our guests and team members. We have implemented enhanced personal hygiene and cleaning protocols at all resorts, including daily deep cleaning of all public areas, and increasing the number of hand-sanitizers. Our event locations are also doing the same to ensure visitors are kept safe while still having a great time. We are following all CDC and local health authority directives, and we believe the risk of spread of a virus on our event getaways remains low. Please be assured that Westgate will continue to monitor and take additional actions as necessary.
If you wish to revise existing travel dates, please call an event vacation travel specialist for further assistance at 1-877-326-6003
Westgate offers a wide range of year round events and convenient, flexible event package options. You can book and save on one of our Epic Weekend Getaway events today while choosing your actual event date at a later time.
Westgate Las Vegas Resort & Casino and Westgate Flamingo Bay Resort are scheduled to reopen on June 15, 2020
Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa, Westgate Town Center Resort, Westgate Vacation Villas, Westgate Cocoa Beach Resort and Westgate Smoky Mountain Resort & Spa are currently OPEN. Some activities and amenities remain closed at those resorts.
Please note the scheduled opening dates for other Westgate Resort properties:
– June 4, 2020: Westgate Branson Lakes Resort, Westgate Branson Woods Resort & Hotel
– June 5, 2020 Westgate Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Resort
– June 12, 2020: Westgate River Terrace Resort & Convention Center, Westgate Park City Resort & Spa, Westgate South Beach Oceanfront Resort
– June 15, 2020: Westgate Las Vegas Resort & Casino, Westgate Flamingo Bay Resort
– July 1, 2020: Westgate Palace Resort, Westgate Towers Resort, Wild Bear Inn, Westgate Historic Williamsburg Resort
To help promote a healthier environment, we can all practice the following common-sense precautions that will enhance your vacation experience and help stop the spread of flu-like viruses:
– Regularly use the hand sanitizer stations located throughout our resort properties.
– Wash hands thoroughly and often with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds.
– Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
– Clean and disinfect frequently handled objects such as cell phones, keyboards, desks, tables, counter surfaces, remote controls, etc.
-Stay home when you are sick to avoid the spread of any germs, except to get medical care.
Please consult travel advisories and information made available by the World Health Organization, U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the U.S. Department of State. Rest assured, we will continue to closely monitor the situation and, if necessary, adapt our policies accordingly.